Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine


I'm always making personal cards at the last minute.  My hubby is sleeping in this morning, so he won't see this until Valentine's Day on Monday.  He doesn't read my blog, so it's safe here.

This is a new technique for me.  I read about this technique on Splitcoast Stampers.  It is called Faux Pressed Flowers.  They glued Prima Flowers on the cardstock, then embossed it.  In this card, I used metallic stickers on the cardstock before embossing in an embossing folder.  The stickers are quite shiny, but the scanner doesn't pick this up.  It gives a much different look and the stickers seem well adhered after a pass through the Big Shot.

The punched frame is made with a Martha Stewart set.  I just used a white base card because the rest is so busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment