Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Easter cards

 Operation Write Home is working on a card drive for spring.  This is called the Spring Thaw Challenge.  We are supposed to make half spring holiday cards and half general cards.  Since I have the majority of my cards for general use, I decided I need to make some holiday cards, so I started with Easter.  I have a few St. Patrick's day cards in the box.

This Bible die is an Ellison Thin Cuts die that I have had a long time.  The cross and the pages are easily removed after cutting and can be replaced with another color.  I made some of the Bibles in black and some are brown, but made all the crosses and pages in shiny metallic gold.  That glossy gold is hard to capture on film and doesn't show at all with the scanner, but is very pretty in real life. 

The lilies are an old unmounted stamp by Jim Stephens.  I stamped it in black, colored with Prismacolor pencils and cut it out.  The frames are cut with Nestibilities Labels 2 and the Happy Easter is computer generated.

I worked on maintaining a strong focal point while designing this card.  I'm still practicing with the Card Design Seminar that was on the Stars & Stamps blog on January 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment