Sunday, February 13, 2011

More Faux Pressed Flowers


I've been playing with this technique from Splitcoast Stamper.  I started by running the silk flowers through my Xyron 150, then stamping stems and leaves with a Hero Arts flower stamp.  I adhered the silk flowers above the stems.  I also stamped the sentiment onto the cardstock.  The top card  had the punched butterfly glued on before embossing and it was added later to the second card.  I also used 2 different embossing folders.  The gems in the center of flowers are from Recollections.

This card is done the same way, in a different format.  I can see this technique as being very versatile and I'll probably do more of it.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Velda! Thanks for explaining this is detail. I've been seeing the technique/style pop up but had yet to read an explanation. Now I may have to give this a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - just love the simplicity of it and the colour is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete