Thursday, February 10, 2011

Red, white, blue & kraft

I made this card for a challenge on the Stars & Stamps blog.  The challenge was to make a card for Operation Write Home for the troops to send to their friends or families that is made using the colors red, white, blue & kraft colors.

I have spent several days cleaning off my table and separating the scraps of paper into separate containers.  All of the materials for this card came from that stack of paper.  The base card was apparently the other half of a piece that I had cut for another card.  The liner had been cut and run through the Xyron, so I just had to stick it to the inside of card. 

The white cardstock had already been cut and embossed.  I just stamped the Thinking of You in Memories Blue onto a scrap of kraft cardstock & cut a scrap of red to make a frame.  The red with white dots was also precut, as was the vertical blue scrap of cardstock.  This is why I can't through anything away!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful use of your scraps, I love it when that happens for me. Your card turned out beautifully too! Thanks for playing in our color challenge at Operation Write Home this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card came out great! gotta love those scraps.

    ReplyDelete