Saturday, February 12, 2011

Faux Pressed Flowers


This is a fun technique from Splitcoast Stampers Tutorial.    On this card, I stamped the stems only from a Hero Arts flower stamp 3 times onto a piece of white cardstock.  The red flowers are silk flowers plucked from a stem from Wal-Mart.  I ran the flowers through the Xyron 150 to put adhesive on the backs.  I just pressed the flowers on at the top of stems.
I ran the cardstock (with flowers & stems) through the Big Shot in the SU embossing folder.  I trimmed the embossed piece and added a red layer as a frame, then mounted it on a white base card.  I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment on white cardstock and adhered it in the corner.  I decided it needed more so I put some adhesive backed gold half pearls in the center of each flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment