I've once again been away from card making and blog updates for quite a while. Health problems continue to affect my life. I'm been wanting to make cards for family birthdays, but just don't feel that I can do a good job. I found a technique on Kristina Werner's blog that I wanted to try. My first attempt was a failure:
The background turned out okay, but I had problems stamping the sentiment. Stamping on watercolor paper can be difficult because of rough texture of the paper. I attempted to use a stamp positioner and stamp it again over first stamping. It wasn't perfectly lined up and gave a double image. Next, I used a Versamark pen to fill in blank areas and more gold embossing powder. This resulted in an unreadable sentiment, so I started another card:
This process finally convinced me to order a Mini Misti to make correcting stamped images easier. I'll try this again after it is shipped to me. Wish me luck.