Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Swing Reveal Card

I've been having trouble getting motivated, so I once again looked to Jennifer McGuire for inspiration.  She showed a technique for Swing Reveal Cards, so I decided to give it a try.  I found an old unmounted stamp of a wreath and used my Misti to stamp it on watercolor paper.  It takes several stampings to get a good image on this rough textured watercolor paper, so a Misti is helpful.  I then taped the watercolor paper to a piece of hardboard and colored it with watercolor crayons.  I hadn't use them for years, but they worked well for this project.

You will need to watch Jennifer's video to learn to make the swing feature. It involves layers, circle dies, a button and some glue.  If you are like me, you will need to watch it more than once to do it yourself.  The wreath swings to reveal the message under it.  Good luck.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Look to the future

While trying to encourage a female relative as she goes through chemo for breast cancer.  This is a very discouraging time for her.  I asked when the chemo will be finished.  The final dose of chemo will be given in December.  I suggested she look to the future when this will finish.  Since it will end this year, I suggested she think about how it will feel in the new year.  I searched for clipart that would help me design this card.  Here is the result:
We all must continue to hope for better times ahead.

Monday, October 14, 2019

Christmas cards

I recently ordered and received some new toy.  I made some Christmas cards with a couple of the dies.  This first card is made with a die from Memory Box.  Since the pieces could be separated, I cut it from 2 colors of metallic cardstock by Tim Holtz and changed some of the parts.

The diecut was then adhered to an embossed piece of shimmer cardstock and mounted on a similar colored card base.  The sentiment was stamped with a clear stamp that could be curved to fit the space.

The holly die is a 3D die by Tim Holtz.  I used it to cut the shape from green metallic cardstock, also by Tim Holtz.  I then use a Sharpie to color the berries and stem.  I used a variety of colors to mount them, along with some other dies.  I have more to finish, but this is it for now.