Saturday, April 23, 2011

OWH Challenge cards

Operation Write Home is sponsoring several challenges today on Facebook to try to stimulate our mojo.  Mine has been seriously lacking recently, so I've tried to do the challenges.  Some cards worked out better than others.  Here's my results:

The first card was a Food Challenge.  I used this cupcake stamp and paper pieced it.  The circles are the Pinking Circles Nestibilities.  These are on sale in a lot of online stores.  I guess they didn't sell well, but I love them.





The second challenge was to make a card inspired by this picture .  I saw lots of pastel ruffles and made this card:
I wasn't really pleased with this card, so I'll see if I can make a better one later.  I did add a pink ribbon over the purple one to soften it a bit. 

The 3rd challenge of the day was to make a Weather Inspired card.  I made the sun with 2 punches, popped on foam mounting tape.  I also scored the blue card with my Scor-It board and highlighted the score lines with a bit of Brilliance yellow ink.  The Hedgehog stamp is by Penny Black and colored with Prismacolor pencils.  The sentiment stamp is also from Penny Black.

Our next challenge was to make masculine cards or cards that aren't too feminine.  I used a 12 X 12 sheet of scrapbook paper and cut out 3 sections across the top.  Here's my cards.
Now, I have the lower half of the paper to use.  It is all trees, so I'll have to think about that for a while.  My mojo has really been pushed today, so I'll let it rest a bit and celebrate Easter.  Happy Easter to all.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong with any of the cards Velda - the last three are my favourites and they are knock out......your mojo thinks it is holiday time for it too!! Hey working at those is easier than stripping paint off a bathroom wall...wish I wasn't so old...I used to have energy for these kind of things!

    ReplyDelete