Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dog Tag card - cord comparison

I've been making dog tag cards as Any Hero cards to send to Operation Write Home.  These cards are sent to deployed heroes to let them know we support them.  I'm running out of the cord that I have been using to simulate the dog tag chain.  This is my favorite:
This is a nice size cord and looks good on the cards, but I ran out of it and haven't found more.  I don't remember where I bought it, but I'll keep looking.

'I tried this Trim cord that I bought with Christmas wrapping supplies.  It is stiff and 'breaks' when I try to curve it.  It just won't hold up as good as the Wrights metallic.
I found this Lion Brand Lame Metallic Yarn in my tatting supplies.  It works well, but it's much thinner cord.  I made the dog tags in a smaller size and it seems to work for my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment