Saturday, May 3, 2014

Playing with old techniques

As I have been digging through that mountain of old supplies, I found a group of tags that I had left from a convention exchange.
I thought about reusing these tags on cards.  I like the design and the shimmer, but when I tested them I found they wouldn't work of OWH cards.  Some of that shimmer stuff wipes off and shows up on my sleeve.  This is the test for determining if cards are suitable for our deployed troops.  I'm guessing that I used Moonglow, Pearl Ex or Perfect Pearls to obtain this lovely shimmer.

I found suitable supplies and attempted to recreate this design.  I used Brilliance Pearlescent inks and Color Brushes (look like little shaving brushes) for my modern cards.  I used the same unmounted rubber stamp for the dragonflies with Brilliance Pearlescent Jade ink.  I mounted my design on pearlescent green cardstock, then onto a white card base.  I used a Corner Chomper for the rounded corners.


No comments:

Post a Comment