Monday, May 19, 2014

Dogwood missing you

I'm trying to put my old card parts to good use.  I had 2 images left that were stamped in white ink on black cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils.
This is the first one I assembled.  I cut out the image with Spellbinders dies and added a frame.  The background paper is another of the faux batik, stamped with clear ink & clear embossing powder on rice paper.  I then added pastel inks to create a colorful paper.  Finally, it was ironed between absorbent papers to remove embossing powder.  I added a sentiment and corner bow, then framed and placed it on a white card base.

The first card felt like something was missing, so I added a black layer and sentiment to the second card.
I think this makes the card look more complete.  Whenever possible, I try to fix things I'm not pleased with to help me learn to make better cards in the future.  If I ignore it and move on, I'm left feeling unsatisfied with my finished cards.  Learn from your mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. The black layer was a perfect choice, Your card is so pretty.
    tfs..........dianne (mickeydee from GW)

    ReplyDelete