Saturday, November 30, 2013

Watercolor Holly Christmas cards

Still using my well loved old rubber stamps, I created some Holly cards for Christmas.  This stamp is from 2003 and made by Penny Black.  I colored the rubber image with Marvy Brush Art Markers, the spritzed with water before stamping.
 
The embossed holly background is a Sizzix embossing folder.  Sentiment is a gold sticker by Starform.  The ribbon slide that holds the sentiment is a Spellbinders die.
 
With this card I used the same technique, but stamped the image on a paper coaster.  I bought a bunch of these years ago for a project that never got done.  The water absorbed a bit more in the material.  Since the coaster was too large for a card, I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the image.  I had to run it through my Big Shot several times to cut through that thicker paper, but it came out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment