Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gold Embossed Poinsettia card

With this group of cards, I dug deep and used a 1992 PSX rubber stamp.  I love these old good quality wood mounted rubber stamps because they give great images.
 
When preparing to heat emboss on darker cardstock, it's important to rub an embossing buddy (mesh bag full of powder) over your cardstock to remove any fingerprints that may attract the embossing powder, leaving specks around your image.  I stamped this image with Versamark ink, then applied gold embossing powder, cleared any excess powder and heated with my old Heat It Gun.

I added black and a glossy gold layers before adhering to white cardstock.  Once again, the sentiment is a gold sticker by Starform.

2 comments:

  1. Simply stunning Velda! I love my old stamps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful. Red, black and gold - great combination.

    ReplyDelete