Friday, November 29, 2013

Christmas Poinsettia cards

Instead of spending more money on the latest and greatest stamping supplies, I'm digging into my stash to use my well loved wood mounted rubber stamps.  The one thing I splurge on now is better quality cardstock to create my cards.

This poinsettia stamp is by Penny Black and is from 2004. 
I colored the rubber with Marvy Brush Art Markers, then spritzed with water before stamping.  I cut out the image with Spellbinders dies.  To get the tiny gold edge, I rolled the edges of diecut on the Versamark ink pad, then dipped it in gold embossing powder before heating with the heat gun.  The sentiment is a gold sticker by Starform.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Velda! I do agree that using really nice stock for card bases can make a huge difference and I am also with you on reviving those long forgotten stamps and supplies. I know that I have so many stamps that I haven't used in such a long time that it would feel like they were new again at this point. :)

    ReplyDelete