Thursday, November 7, 2013

New friend, new challenge

Many of you know that I live in small town and haven't met many others who make cards.  I was excited to see an article in a local online newspaper about another cardmaker who makes cards for Operation write home.  I initiated contact and we chatted by email.  A few days ago, she came to my home and we spent a couple of very fun hours together.

She gave me a set of clear stamps called Cupcake Party by Simon Says Stamps because she had duplicates.  I demonstrated my method of lining dark colored cards to give our heros a place to write their message home.  I had grabbed a piece of purple cardstock.  She then left me with a challenge to make a card using the new stamps and the card base I had just created.  Here's the resulting card:
I see more fun crafting days together in the future.

Another challenge was to make 2 patriotic thank you cards for the post office.  One will go to headquarters of Operation Write Home for her postal workers.  The other will go to my local post office.  Here's the result of that challenge.
 

I will write personal messages inside both cards for all the hard work done by the postal workers in handling all the boxes of cards created by our cardmakers across the country.

3 comments:

  1. Velda, I'm so happy for you! I wish you and your new OWH friend many happy cardmaking times! Love your sweet cupcake stamp with that neat banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is simply wonderful that you have a card making buddy nearby....I wish you many times of fun and fellowship as you create beautiful cards like the cards above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the lucky new buddy! I learned some great tips from Velda that day. She has an amazing amount of stamps, paper and dies to work with. Velda, you did a great job with the cupcake challenge. Isn't that a fun stamp to play with? She had shown me how to ink the embossing folders and I got to bring home one of those star papers as she used above. Now, the challenge is on for me . . .

    ReplyDelete