Saturday, October 22, 2011

Life goes on

I'm trying to get my life back on track after such a devastating time.  There is no way to describe the effect of the loss of a loved one in our lives.  This is really a 'rollercoaster time' in our lives - lots of peaks and valleys.  With the help from all my friends and family, along with their prayers, I'm now enjoying more highs than lows.  I guess you could say I'm more in the foothills than the steep mountains and deep valleys.  I'm looking forward to the rolling plains.

I haven't been making cards because I'm just not ready to be creative just yet.  I am sorting and packing up my card making supplies.  I will need to begin purging the many unused supplies that are cluttering up my craft room.


These are things I have packed up to move to my new home at a later date.


This shows what my old craft room looks like this morning, after removing some of the things.  I have a lot more work to do before this house can be listed for sale.  This room became the dumping ground for things not needed at the time.  This is why I made the decision to remove the important things first, so that I could have the freedom to discard some of the rest. 

That USPS Priority box has cards made for Operation Write Home before my husband became too ill for me to make cards.  I've never mailed them, but will when I get to that part of my life.  Most of them were made during the early summer, so they can be saved until after the busy holiday season.

This is just a small part of my life at this time.  Yesterday, my real estate agent visited and signed the intial papers to authorize her to begin the process of getting this place listed for sale.  When we both feel that everything is ready to go, another change will take place in my life.

For now, I'm just taking things one day at a time and sometimes one hour at a time.  My goal at this time is to stay focused on the small portion of my life that is getting my attention at the moment.  When I try to do everything at once, I just get confused.  Life goes on and I'm now trying to control the process, instead of events controlling me. 

Attitudes are contagious.  Make yours worth catching.

2 comments:

  1. So good to read this post and the last one...imagine other folks making cards in your town and you didn't know but then you had other things on your mind.
    It is good to see that you are able to move on, bit by bit....you don't have to do it all at once and it will happen evenutally. You are coping fine....you are on the way up.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velda Hello: I just found you by accident I would love for you to contact me as I am in the market for some original dies from sizzix I am a follower of your now please make contact

    ReplyDelete