Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More cards from the past

While going through the stack of cards I have made and never mailed, I found these:
A few years ago, I was teaching needle tatting and card making classes at a local craft store.  At this time, I tatted this shamrock and added it to a card.  The metallic gold circle was cut with a punch and I wrapped some of the same tatting thread around the scallops.  The mulberry paper was wet with a wet cotton swab and torn into a circle.

I wonder if these old stiff fingers could still make that card.


This card was embossed and cut with a Spellbinders Die.  The center part is stamped on a pearlescent paper.  I don't remember how I colored it, but probably by using the die as a stencil and probably with chalk.  The colors are very soft.  I'll have to see if I can still do this, since I still have the die.

No comments:

Post a Comment