Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Shadow box anniversary card

I took a break from assembling the card parts I had created to make a special anniversary card for a dear family member.  This has required much thought and effort to create something special.  I searched through stamps, dies and photos to stimulate my creativity.
The front of the card was made with a Hero Arts background die and some metallic cardstock that has been in my stash for years.  The sentiment is gold embossed on vellum, then mounted over the background.  Edges of the vellum were cut with a Poppystamp border die.  The heart is cut from gold vellum with a Spellbinder die.  The numbers are stickers.

The shadow box inside was created from heavy cream cardstock.  I printed the photo of their wedding day from my computer.The frame around the photo was created with a Spellbinder die and the opening cut with Hero Arts Infinity oval dies.  I added some Swarovski crystal accents that I have been hoarding for years.  They add an iridescent sparkle to the frame.   The sentiment is from a very old wood mounted rubber stamp by Alias Smith & Rowe.


No comments:

Post a Comment