Sunday, May 26, 2019

Combining dies with backgrounds

After creating a pile of alcohol ink backgrounds recently, I looked for dies to combine with the backgrounds to create cards.  I remembered buying some dies for this purpose, but couldn't find them.  After 3 days of searching, I almost convinced myself that I had dreamed that I bought the dies.  This is all it took to motivate me to search once more.  I found them all together, unused, with the back of package facing forward.  Here are the first 2 cards I've made with one background, cut in half.
This die is by Memory Box and gives a nice view of the scene between the trees.  I used the double stitched rectangle dies to create the frame around the scene.


The birthday card is a shadow box card.  The desert scene die is from Hero Arts.  The front of the card is stamped with an old unmounted rubber stamp and colored with colored pencils.  The circle frame is cut with a set of dies from Karen Burniston called Crosshatch circles.  I also have her Crosshatch Oval dies.  They make a lovely accent.
The Happy Birthday stamp is from Stamp a Mania.  The sentiment on the inside was made up from individual word clear stamps.  This card is for my brother who is currently undergoing chemotherapy.

I have more dies and backgrounds, so will continue to work with them to create new cards


No comments:

Post a Comment