Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Watercolor leaves

I'm still trying to find my way back into making cards.  I decided it's time to begin making fall cards for Operation Write Home.  I'm not quite ready to make Christmas cards yet.

I had found my very old Peerless Watercolor papers and have been trying to use them.  I also pulled out my old Spellbinders die called Harvest 2 - Leaves.  I used this die to cut and emboss some watercolor paper.  Then, I started watercoloring the autumn leaves.  Watercolor paper is very forgiving and I kept adding color for several days.  When I decided it was enough, I put the leaves back into the die and embossed them again because all the water had flattened the leaves.
I also located a very old handmade paper that is like mulberry paper, only heavier.  I wet the edges with my waterbrush and pulled the paper apart, instead of cutting it.  The sentiment is stamped with Memento Potter's Clay ink with a Hero Arts stamp.  This is all mounted on a cream base card.

2 comments:

  1. It is a really beautiful card! I just love the color of the leaves, and that handmade paper is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Velda. Glad to see you back in the game . . .

    ReplyDelete