After having good results with the die-cut leaves with watercolor, I decided to try butterflies. This die is a very old one by Cuttlebug that came with 3 different embossing folders. I chose the simpler folder. I cut the watercolor paper with the die, then spent all day adding color with my Peerless watercolor sheets and waterbrush. Last night, I was about ready to trash them. I left them overnight to dry thoroughly and they looked better this morning.
I put them through the embossing folder and Big Shot once again, then added a little ink to edges and embossed area. I even put red Pearl Pen on one of them. I once read that makes them look scary to their predators, but cause it looks like they have red eyes. Next, I found patterned papers to go with each butterfly.