Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thank you cards

It's time to move on to a new year.  Yesterday, I took down my Christmas tree to help me free myself of the holiday season.  I decided it's time to say Thank You to all who have helped me grow in my cardmaking and in my life this past year.  Of course, these cards will go to our heroes that are deployed and also want to say thank you to all who have supported them in their efforts to keep us free.
This card is simple to make, if you have the right supplies.  This is a Cuttlebug embossing folder used on Core'dinations cardstock - Chocolate Box collection.  This cardstock has brown fronts and colored core and back.  Once embossed, I use sandpaper to remove the brown layer over the embossed portions, allowing the colored core to show through.  Just mount it on a base layer that co-ordinates with the core color.  This is all mounted on a white card base.



This is an old clear set of stamps and I can't remember who made them.  I have learned that it is wise to write the manufacturer's name on the storage sheet to give them credit.  I didn't do that and no longer remember.  It has several circular designs with sentiments that fit inside the circle, so it's very versatile.  The patterned paper is by Ki Creations, purchased at Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment