Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Masculine cards

I took a few more days off card making to do some house cleaning.  I decided use up some of the scraps on my desk.  Here's what I came up with for today.
I had stamped this animal (I think it's a moose) last week and didn't use it.  I had also embossed the stripes while testing a friends embossing folder.  I added some ink to the raised strips, but the scan makes it look like the top ones are darker - not true.  The light colored ones are raised and dark strips are down.  I added more texture with the green and then ran the background through another embossing folder.
I used another strip of the embossed stripes, but added a different stamp to this card.  The horse is stamped on a coaster and then cut out with a spellbinders die.  The coaster is pretty thick, so I didn't emboss the background on this card.

1 comment:

  1. I like them! I haven't tried stamping on coasters yet....hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete