Sunday, December 15, 2013

Holiday memories

I've been busy preparing for Christmas and enjoying the holiday season.  I feel that I really can enjoy the season for the first time since I lost my dear hubby.  Memories will linger forever, but I also now feel that I can enjoy my life.
 
This airplane ornament is a personal tribute to my pilot husband.  It will always be on my tree, along with many personal ornaments.


It has been very cold this year for our little corner of the world.  I do live in the southern Nevada desert and mostly enjoy sunny dry weather.  This was a surprise and not so welcome to have such cold weather here.
 

 Our skies have cleared again and it's warmed up a bit, but some of the plants were frozen and will need to be replaced in the spring.  Time moves on, but we will always have our memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment