Saturday, May 11, 2013

Playing with chalkboard

I've been seeing chalkboard cards on the Internet.  I wasn't really sure how make them until I watched Sandy Allnock do a demo on OWHtv on Thursday evening.  If you go to the video on this link, you can watch her make her card.

The first one I made was a little large and too messy for my taste, but I did eventually turn it into a card.
 
 I did wrap some gold cord around the edges of the image and add a piece of patterned paper to the base card.
This card was the second attempt.  I like it a bit better than the first one, but I decided to make a smaller panel for the third card.
Most of the stamps that I used on these cards are old wood mounted rubber stamps from my stash.  I think a lot of people use clear stamps because they make placement easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment