Sunday, March 10, 2013

Learning new things

One thing that has always interested me in cardmaking is creating my own backgrounds for cards.  I find it exciting to learn new techniques.  This technique was posted on Facebook and was a card made by Ann K.  The process is to tear paper and attach it to your background cardstock with removable adhesive.  Then sponge or brush ink into the open space and then stamp images over the same area.  When the mask is removed, you have an interesting background for your card.  I've tried several of these with varying results.


2 comments:

  1. Love this technique. Love how you chose your spring like colors for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all but I especially like the butterfly with the dragon flies - I like the little extra oomph the butterfly gives the card - you really did a great job on showing off this style!

    ReplyDelete