Thursday, December 2, 2010

Playing with punches

Now that I'm moving on to other things, after Thanksgiving, I've been playing with some new toys.
I recently purchased the two wide punches in the back.  When I punched a paper strip with the EK Success lattice chain and the Martha Stewart blossom trim, I didn't like them alone.  The flowers and leaves were all the same color and didn't impress me.  The lattice chain is a pretty strip, but a bit plain. 

I decided to layer them together.  I used the mini brads to attach the Prima flowers to the punched border.  It needed something, so I punched the little flowers from a strip of gold paper and added them to the other flowers.  I used the green Martha Stewart punch to make a background paper. 

I attached the paper strips to a card made from Bazzill Bling.  The Happy Birthday stamp is by My Heart Stamps for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment