Monday, December 6, 2010

Embossing fun

My friend offered to take me along on her trip to the big city on Saturday.  It had been a long time since I'd visited an actual craft store.  I didn't find much that I could afford to buy, but I did pick up some Core'dinations cardstock from the chocolate collection.  I had use the black version before, but I thought the browns might be more to my liking.  With this cardstock, I used Cuttlebug embossing folders, then sanded the brown side to allow the colored core to show through.
 

 

I made multiples of these cards to send to Operation Write Home.  This time of card can be used for the troops to send to a variety of friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of the sander! I know the feeling of things being unaffordable...that's why I stay away from them unless I really need something. Strangely hereabouts the best craft shop is on the outskirts of a country town...it is not a big city but is the nearest thing to the U.S. in Northern Ireland. Good job it is also near the seaside and we generally only go in the Summertime!

    ReplyDelete