Friday, July 12, 2019

Sentiment dies

I've been browsing and buying different brands of sentiment dies.  This is my newest set and it surprised me.  I was just looking for dies of words.  This is what I received.
When I cut out the sentiments, I realized they were double.  When cut in 2 different colors, you can make unique layered sentiments.  The single line can be used without the shadow die, but they cut together.  The outer double layer is difficult to read without the inner single layer.













The words can be stacked or combined single parts.  The hello diecut is shown with single and double.  The hugs and thanks are just layered on top (not glued yet).  The hi has the parts separated and laid flat against each other.  The other 2 pieces are shown on this card.

This card is made with an alcohol ink background, with flowers from watercolor paper that were cut with Tim Holtz dies.  I showed how I made them here.

1 comment: