Monday, July 15, 2019

Bird birthday card

I always enjoy making cards more when I'm making them for a specific person.  This one is for a special female relative.

I've had this cling mounted rubber stamp from Our Daily Bread for quite a while, but don't think I've used it before.  I used the Misti and stamped it several times to get a good image.  I then colored it with Prismacolor pencils.  I rarely use them any more, so it took a while and certainly isn't perfect.  I don't even attempt shading.

The inside of this card is a shadowbox.  The background is watercolored with the use of Art Impressions rubber stamps for the birdbath, birds, grass and branch.  The opening of the green layer was cut with a die from Simon Says Stamp, called Everglade Collage.  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment