Friday, September 1, 2017

Playing with Color Burst powder

Yesterday, I spent the day testing the Color Burst powders to make backgrounds for cards.  I only bought 2 colors at a rare visit to a craft store.  After the tests in the previous post,  I decided that I needed to clean up the desk and my hardboard because that powder spreads everywhere.  It's a very fine dust and very concentrated color.  If touched by water, it really shows it's presence.  I thought perhaps the left over dust from first test contaminated the second sample.  However, I learned that the bottle contains many colors.
 
 I wet the paper with a brush instead of the spray bottle.  I then added a smaller amount of the dust.  This allowed the individual colors to show.

In this sample, I used the same technique as the other one, but got a large puff of the powder in one area.  I attempted to remove some, but it was already wet.  I sprayed on more water and used a paper towel to absorb as much as I could, but it left a dark mess is center of paper.  I may have to cover it with a large die cut.

In this sample, I used only the brush to add water to paper, then spritzed a small amount of the dust onto the wet paper.  Again, you can see all the colors in that one bottle.

Lessons learned:
1.  Clean off your desk first, so surface is easy to clean up after each test.
2.  Use water and powder sparingly to avoid a big mess.
3.  Clean everything thoroughly after creating such a mess.




No comments:

Post a Comment