Saturday, September 2, 2017

More Color Burst trials

Yesterday, a friend came to visit and wanted to see how I used Color Burst.  I tried to brush on the water, then lightly dust with the Burnt Orange Color Burst.  It wasn't showing well, so I sprayed it lightly with water.  The paper got a little too wet, so I tipped it to allow the water to run.  This created the muted lower left side.

I tried once more on a fresh piece of watercolor paper.  This time, I ended up with a big blob of the powder, so I used the brush to spread it out a bit.  This totally changed the look to a flat solid brown, so I added some coarse salt and covered it with wrinkled plastic wrap.



The final image is with the paper dried and salt removed.  In the previous image, the salt is still on the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment