Thursday, August 31, 2017

Color Burst trials

Today, I'm playing with making backgrounds for cards with Color Burst powder.  In this first one, I used 2 colors of the powder onto wet watercolor paper.  I allowed this to air dry overnight.  I think too much water muted the colors and they blended more than I desired.

In the second sample, I added only one color of the powder to dry watercolor paper, then lightly sprayed it with water.  There were some bare spots, so I added more powder and sprayed it again.  After this, I partially dried it with my heat tool.
It looks a bit like there's some blue in the finished background, but I only added the Burnt Orange powder.  Now, to try to make some fall cards from these backgrounds.  Stay tuned for results.

No comments:

Post a Comment