Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Salted & wrapped watercolor

I decided to use some old, but never used stamps.  This set is by Papertrey and is called The Sweet Life.  It's made up of clear stamps and dies to make roses and leaves with 3 part stamps.  This has been a learning progress for me.  First, I made some backgrounds, using the salted & wrapped watercolors.  He's one in progress:

The top photo shows the wet watercolor with salt and plastic wrap added.  The lower photo shows the finished product.  I cut these backgrounds down to card size and looked for solid color cardstock to add a frame.  Then I started stamping and cutting out the roses and leaves in various colors.  Here's my results so far.

My next step will be to turn these into assembled cards.  I did complete one for a birthday card, but forget to take a photo before mailing it.

It's now afternoon and I managed to assemble one card to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment