Friday, October 2, 2015

Watercolor Thanksgiving

I made some more watercolor cards today.  I used Canson XL watercolor paper and Peerless watercolor papers.  I also spritzed them with water with gold Perfect Pearls added for a little sparkle to the background.  I then sprinkled salt (a combo of coarse & fine grain) over the wet surface and allowed it to air dry.  The salt creates the spotty surface of the watercolor background

 
I used some very old copper skeleton leaves from my stash.  The leaves were adhered with Multi Medium Matte liquid adhesive by Ranger.  I like this glue because it doesn't leave a shiny area when dry, so it doesn't show through the leaves.  I cut out the watercolor layers with a stitched rectangle die, then edged the outside with copper embossing powder to match the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment