Sunday, June 7, 2015

Embossing with color

I have many embossing folders that I have collected over the years.  I love the texture, but also like to make them colorful.  In the technique I used this week, I added color to embossing folders with words on them.

 
This folder makes a general card for the fall season.  I chose a Kaleidacolor ink pad in multiple autumn colors.  I used a brayer to roll the color from the ink pad to inside of embossing folder.  Tip: brayer ink onto inside with letters backwards so the words can be read.  I then placed a piece of cardstock into folder and ran it through the Big Shot.  I found that you get less slippage if you run the open end through the rollers first.

I repeated this with some other folders and different colors of ink.




I chose cardstock for borders that worked well with the ink colors.  You can see the slippage in some of these because I forgot my rule about putting open side first through the Big Shot.  I made multiples of all of these.  They are all mounted on either cream or white card bases.

Since I don't do videos, I decided to repeat the process to take photos.  I hope this helps to explain the process.


These photos show the brayering process.  My brayer and ink pad aren't wide enough for the folders, so I turn them upside down to ink the other side.



These photos show placing cardstock inside folder and running it through the Big Shot.



These show the finished product.  I will need to trim the edges to make room for a framing layer on an A2 card.  I use a pad of newsprint paper under the brayering to protect table.  Ink is water based and just washes off the folder and brayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment