Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Inspired by nature

Enjoying my hummingbirds outside inspired me to use one of my hummingbird stamps to make a birthday card.  This is for another family member who loves these little birds.
I stamped this unmounted (unidentified) stamp onto watercolor paper.  I colored it with a combination of watercolor pencils and Twinkling H2Os.  You can't see the shimmer, but it shows in real life.  I cut out the watercolored image with a stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp, leaving wing and tail to hang over the edge.  I used more of the dies to cut the other layers.  I like these dies because they leave a nice faux stitched edge on both sides of the cut line.  The outer border is just a narrow strip glued onto base card.

The sentiment is a gold sticker.  I added a tiny gem for center of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment