Friday, October 3, 2014

Thanksgiving card

Life keeps getting in the way of card making.  We've had a lot of rain in the desert during monsoon season.  That resulted in a need for a lot of yard work.  In addition, my little dog developed some lumps on his skin and had to gave surgery to remove them.  This has kept me pretty busy lately.

I'm trying to include some time to make my personal Thanksgiving cards.  After several days of trial and error, I came up with this card.
I used a brayer to add ink from a Kaleidacolor ink pad to the inside of an embossing folder and then embossed some cream cardstock.  I used the same ink pad to stamp the sentiment.  The edger punch is by Martha Stewart.  The copper skeleton leaves have been in my stash for many years.  Adhering them to the card has always been a problem for me.   I just learned about and purchased a small bottle of Ranger Multi Medium Matte.  This liquid glue seems to hold both the leaves and the twine bow to the card without showing.

As I finish my yard work, I'll try to work on this design and make the rest of my cards before mailing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment