Monday, August 18, 2014

Trying watercolor once again

My mojo has been on vacation for a while.  I'm hoping it returns soon.  I'm trying to stimulate it by reading blogs of creative people.  This blog inspired me to try my watercolors again with stamped images.  Jennifer McGuire showed how to use a white pearl embossing powder to stamp the images of flowers.  As usual, I didn't have the same stamps she used or the same embossing powder.  I made some substitutes, using silver pearl embossing powder and some clear stamps from my stash (unlabeled).
I used my old Peerless watercolor papers to add color.  I added enough color to the background to make the embossing lines more visible.  It took several attempts to get a photo that would show some of the details.  I tried the scanner and none of the embossing was visible.  This image was mounted with Miracle Tape to a copper metallic layer and then to a green pearlescent paper.  This entire card front was then attached to a white card base.

I may try this technique again with darker ink and clear embossing powder.  I enjoy the watercoloring and would like to improve my skills.  I'll also look for some images that may work better with this technique.  When I have problems, I like to try to solve them and perfect the technique.  I hate to fail to be satisfied with a finished card without trying to get better at the technique.  How do you handle problems in making cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment