Monday, August 25, 2014

Paper piecing

Since Operation Write Home is on a slowdown while our troops are packing up to leave their posts, I decided to work on some personal cards for my family and friends who have been neglected lately.  I usually enjoy making cards with the recipient in mind instead of just guessing who will receive it.

These are very old stamps that I've had for years.  I used paper piecing for the golfer's clothing, but colored his face and shoes with colored pencils.  I also used colored pencils for the scene in the oval.  Both images were cut out with Spellbinder's dies.  The head of golf club was cut out first and left out of the die while cutting the rectangle.  I then popped it on a tiny piece of foam tape.  The golf ball is punched out several times with layers glued together.  The oval is also popped on foam tape to protect the other raised areas in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment