Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Watercolor cardinal & life intrusions

It's seems that life tends to get in the way of my card making.  I've been trying to develop my skills in using my Peerless watercolor papers to color stamped images for cards.  It takes me several days for each one.  Details are hard to create with watercolors and I really shouldn't spend too much more time learning this technique, but it is enjoyable.  I finally finished this card yesterday.
This stamp is by Heartfelt Creations.  This is a male cardinal.  I have the female from the same set stamped on watercolor paper and hope to create a card with it also.

I've been a bit distracted by life.  Yesterday, I saw my eye doctor for a follow-up exam after my laser surgery for glaucoma.  Dr. was pleased because my eye pressure had been reduced by 50%.  Now, to wait another 4 months to see how this turns out in that time frame.

I have also been distracted by the Decorah Eagles.  I've watched the eagle camera since the eggs were laid, eaglets hatched and grew up and flew away from the nest.  Unfortunately, heavy rain created many problems for them.  2 of the 3 fledglings have been located so far.  One was found in the middle of street and checked for injuries by Raptor Resource Project and given food.  The next day, it was determined to be okay to return to care of parents.  They are feeding it and teaching it to be an eagle.

Another of the siblings was found in a stream with an injured wing.  It was taken to SOAR (Saving Our Avian Resources) for care.  It was x-rayed yesterday and found to have a broken wing.  Surgery will be done tomorrow to pin the broken humerus.  Hopefully, it can be rehabilitated in time for return to wild.

One more sibling has not been spotted, but hopefully is being cared for by it's parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment