Saturday, June 21, 2014

Another watercolor card

After trying out my Peerless Watercolor Papers to color a flower on regular white cardstock, I decided to try it on watercolor paper.  I stamped this sparrow from Our Daily Bread Designs onto watercolor paper with Memories black ink.  I used a die to cut it out and didn't get it even, so I trimmed a bit more of the white edge off with scissors.
I used a waterbrush and picked up color from the Peerless watercolor papers to add color to bird and thistle.  I adhered the colored sparrow to this patterned paper from Ki Creations, then stamped the sentiments in Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I framed it in the green cardstock, then mounted it on a white card base.

Naturally, I got an ink smudge on finished card, so I added some bling from Doodlebug Designs.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card!!! I love how you colored the sparrow and thistle and the designer paper is perfect! Fantastic job!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete