Friday, June 13, 2014

Catching up

I'm trying to catch up after a couple of frustrating weeks.  During this period, I've had 2 laser procedures on my eyes for treatment of glaucoma.  In a few weeks, I'll see the doctor for testing to see if it helped.  I also have new glasses.  If that isn't enough, I also had a basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer) removed from my scalp.

In an effort to help find some positive things in life, here's a photo this morning of my dog Tex checking out a new flower on a cactus.
This is a tiny little plant container with tiny cacti.  It blooms at night and will be gone by noon.  The flower is nearly closed now by 10 AM.

While in the big city for my eye surgeries, I did some shopping for new card making tools.  I found a good sale on embossing folders and I'm trying to create cards with them.
 
I used a white core cardstock for this card and sanded the embossed tree to show the white core, then added a little colored pencil to give it a bit of color.  The sentiment is a very old Cuttlebug die.


This card didn't emboss as deeply as I'd hoped and is a bit hard to see, so I added a bit of chalk to show the trees a bit better.  This sentiment is from Hero Arts - a fund raiser set for Operation Write Home.

3 comments:

  1. You are always so creative with the embossing folders. The blue and orange are such great colors. Why haven't I thought of that?! The cards are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better! Your card is stunning-as usual. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Velda. Sorry about your troubles and hope you are feeling better. First time for me to see a cactus bloom like that. Really neat! Thanks for sharing and what a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete