Friday, August 2, 2013

Playing with dies

I really liked the die that I used in the previous post, but had too much trouble with it.  You can scroll down or see it HERE.  It is a die by Spellbinders and I usually love their dies.  I used waxed paper between the die and the cardstock to help remove the little pieces from the die.  My problem was that it wouldn't cut all the decorative edge without turning the cut piece and running it through the Big Shot a second time.  When I tried this, the cardstock slipped just enough to tear the pretty edge.  I felt I needed the waxed paper, but couldn't find a way to keep the die in place with waxed paper.  It was just too much effort for me, so I changed to a different die.

I was more pleased with the results with this die and it really highlights the sentiment and the pretty paper.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Velda! I have a few intricate dies that sometimes cause me frustration and it sounds like what you're describing. There is a metal plate shim/adapter on the market that I got and I've found it to be a help. I got mine at My Favorite Things (I pasted a link below) but I am guessing you can find it at other online retailers too.

    http://www.mftstamps.com/die-namics%20die%20cuts%20for%20stamping%20and%20scrapbooking/Die-namics-Supplies?product_id=976

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also use blue painters tape to hold my die with the was paper in place when cutting in my cuttlebug. If I have a die that is not cutting in some places, I shim the back of die by taping painters tape on those areas where it is not cutting

    ReplyDelete