Saturday, August 10, 2013

House Mouse

I first fell in love with House Mouse in Vermont, while attending a convention in Burlington years ago.  We toured a big barn with craft booths.  One of them was selling House Mouse tee shirts and greeting cards.  I still have the shirt (well worn) and a few of those original cards.  Later, the House Mouse images began showing up as rubber stamps.  These were some of first stamps and I've always loved them.   I have quite a collection.

Recently, the creator of this line of images demonstrated how to color the mice at CHA in Las Vegas.  OWH creator Sandy Allnock filmed Ellen Jareckie's demo and you can see it on the Stars & Stamps blog.

Here is my attempt to color this delightful fall image, called Fall Commuters.  I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits as a blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment