Sunday, February 3, 2013

Roses for Mom

I'm still thinking about making Mother's Day cards for OWH.  Cards are more versatile for our troops without a sentiment, so these could be used for any occasion for a lady.
The stamp is a very old wood mounted rubber stamp by Anita's  I stamped it with black ink and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and blended with mineral spirits.  The image was cut out with long rectangle Nestibilities.

I adhered the pink patterned paper to the darker pink cardstock, the ran the combo through the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  I added the pink ribbon and adhered it to a white card base.

It looked good until I saw it on the computer screen.  I made a second card, using different colored pencil.
One advantage to using colored pencils, I went back and erased a bit of the Mulberry color on the first card and added the Crimson Red that I used here.  Now the first card looks better too.


No comments:

Post a Comment