Sunday, December 23, 2012

Honeycomb card

I bought all the supplies for this card some time ago.  I decided to give it a try for a kid's card.

 
These supplies are all from Inky Antics.  I tried to leave as much writing space inside the card as possible.  You can view the video on the link to Inky Antics to see how this card is made.  One thing I changed.  I did not use glue stick to adhere the honeycomb paper to the card.  I used Scor-Tape to make sure it survived all the handling it may get.
 
To balance out the thickness of the honeycomb paper, I added dimensional foam to the image and sentiment on the front of card and placed them in a different area of the card.  This creates a more balanced card for the envelope to go through the mail.
 
I paper pieced the bee on the inside, so the legs and antenae could be stamped directly on the card.  The images were colored with pencils.


2 comments:

  1. Darling, Velda! I've sent honeycombs before, so I think they're fine - esp when you balanced it out like you talked about. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card. The kids will be delighted at the hidden honeycomb.

    ReplyDelete