Thursday, December 20, 2012

Easter cards

I know it's still before Christmas, but I'm making cards for Operation Write Home.  Easter cards will need to be mailed to them in January, to allow time for shippers to sort and box up cards to be mailed to our heroes.  This allows them time to write messages in the cards and mail them to their loved ones.

Scan


Photo

The lily image was stamped in Memories Soft Silver ink.  It is an unmounted stamp by Jim Stephens.  I colored the lilies with Prismacolor pencils, then erased most of the color.  I wanted a very soft image.

The Bible is a very old Ellison thin cuts die.  I cut it twice, once in black and once in gold.  I then replaced the black pages and cross with the gold ones.  I mounted this on a white circle and framed it with a gold circle.  The sentiment is a gold sticker by Starform.

I showed both the scan and the photo.  The scan shows more detail, but doesn't show the shiny gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment