Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Easter cards

When making cards for Operation Write Home, it's necessary to jump ahead to future holidays.  This gives time for cards to be produced, mailed to shippers, packed, sorted and mailed to the deployed troops in time for them to write a message and mail the cards to their loved ones at home.  For this reason, I am beginning to make Easter cards before Christmas.  This is today's efforts:

 
The first card is a photo to show how shiny the gold stickers are. That card is very basic, but has a certain elegance to it. The rest of the images are from the scanner. I get better details from the scanner, but it doesn't handle the shiny gold. I wish I could take photos near a nice sunny window, but the clouds are in the way today.
 

I added an embossed lily to the second card and mounted it on a gold frame.  On the third card, I cut out the circles with Nestibilities and mounted the sticker on it, then popped the image on dimensional foam tape.  I also placed the sentiment sticker on a die cut and popped it on the dimensional foam tape.  On all of these, I chose to round 2 corners of the card. 
Photo
On the fourth card, I mounted the image sticker as before, but put the sentiment sticker directly onto the card.  I left the corners square on this card.
 
 
I will look at these again in a couple of days to decide which style I will make more of.  I know the grammar isn't proper, but that's the way I talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment