Saturday, July 14, 2012

Learning with new toys

I've had a rough time finding motivation to create new cards lately.  In an attempt to stimulate the mojo, I did some some shopping.  I placed several orders online and even got to a couple of stores.  A friend mailed me some things that she wasn't using.

I continued with my previous attempt at creating backgrounds with strips of paper glued to a backing sheet, then embossing the finished product.  On this one, I only used red and white strips.  The results were not to my satisfaction.  Tip: Pay attention to pattern you are creating while arranging the strips.

I ran this through the Big Shot with a new embossing folder (Tiny Stars by the Paper Studio).  I felt the need to cover most of the background.  I used some new Nestibilities (Star Circles) to create elements to cover the background.  I also used a large sentiment to finish off the card.

I then used more new toys to create these cards:


 
For making these cards, I used my new Corner Chomper for rounding the corners.  I also used my new Spellbinders dies for the rectangle lattice frame.  The coneflower was stamped with a 2 part stamp that was in the box of goodies from my friend, Pat.  I colored the flowers with colored pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment