I continued with my previous attempt at creating backgrounds with strips of paper glued to a backing sheet, then embossing the finished product. On this one, I only used red and white strips. The results were not to my satisfaction. Tip: Pay attention to pattern you are creating while arranging the strips.
I ran this through the Big Shot with a new embossing folder (Tiny Stars by the Paper Studio). I felt the need to cover most of the background. I used some new Nestibilities (Star Circles) to create elements to cover the background. I also used a large sentiment to finish off the card.
For making these cards, I used my new Corner Chomper for rounding the corners. I also used my new Spellbinders dies for the rectangle lattice frame. The coneflower was stamped with a 2 part stamp that was in the box of goodies from my friend, Pat. I colored the flowers with colored pencils.